Terracentro Spanish School offer one-to-one classes. That means that one teacher is teaching Spanish to only one student.
Before starting with our classes we will do a test and talk to you to find out your exact classroom needs. Some students want/need to improve their grammar skills, other like to improve their pronunciation or their conversational skills.
What are the advantages of the one-to-one Spanish courses?
- The one-to-one classes are designed to improve your confidence in the language.
- Because of the classes of only one student with one teacher you get a unique all around learning experience.
- You can learn the language more quickly and intensively than in bigger classes.
- Many students feel more confident learning a language in a one-to-one-class.
- You have more opportunities to engage in real communication with your teacher and you get more feedback. That is because as a student have the undivided attention of your Spanish language teacher.
- A one-to-one language class will be for satisfying your needs to learn Spanish. That is because the teacher will get a better understanding of your needs
- In our one-to-one language classes there is much time for example to talk about methods of learning. The teacher has more time to explain to you why you have to learn some kind of grammar and how it helps you to get a better understanding of the language.
- In our Spanish classes you have more control over the aims of the class, the pace and the materials you will use to learn Spanish.
- Because of having more control over class many of the students joining the one-to-one classes are highly motivated. That helps a lot in learning the language.
- To ask questions, to see models of language, and to practice skills is much more easier in a one-to-one Spanish class than in a class with many students: You than to use your Spanish teacher as a resource for Spanish:
- Many students who visit one-to-one classes feel less pressure while studying. That’s not because there is no pressure in learning the languega but because there are not other students. So in many cases one-to-one classes are more relaxed than classes with many students.
- Your needs can be addressed more directly because there is more flexibility in timing and structure of the classes. That way you have enough time to enjoy staying in Quito.
- Your teacher has a greater opportunity to engage in real interaction with you.
- Mixed ability, group dynamics, early finishers, late arrivals, etc.: Your teacher does not need to worry about that problems of large groups.
- You can develop a real and productive relationship with your Spanish teacher.
- To learn a language it is essential to speak it. They say it is very important to get plenty of speaking practice at class. But in a class of many students it is sometimes difficult to talk with the teacher because the other students also like to talk to the teacher.
- In a one-to-one class you won’t get that problem. You will have all the time you need to talk to your Spanish teacher.
- Pronunciations is important when learning a new language. Each student have a personal pronunciation issue. The teachers can focus on that issue more easily than in a bigger class with several students.
One-to-one classes: are there Disadvantages?
Some people are a little bit afraid of one-to-one classes because they feel more comfortable practicing new language – and making mistakes – in a class with many students rather than in front of a teacher. Don’t worry. First learning a language means to make mistakes, that is quite normal: everybody makes mistakes. The people of Ecuador are quite nice personas. Nobody will laugh about mistakes and nobody will tell you anything bad about mistakes you did while speaking Spanish.
Other students think one-to-one language classes are boring. But really they are not boring. The teachers of Terracentro know how to make an exciting Spanish class. All of our teachers have years of experience of teaching, all of them holds university degrees and have prior experience in teaching in other Spanish Schools.
If -for any reason- you don’t get on with your teacher you can talk to us and we will look for a solution. That might be another teacher.
Of course during the one-to-one Spanish classes you have only one teacher to talk to. But classes are not all day long, so before and after classes you have a lot of possibilities to get to know and to talk to the other students. And don’t forget: when you leave the school to go to the city you will find a lot of people who only speak Spanish. So outside your one-to-one Spanish classroom you have millions of possibilities to practice your Spanish skills.
If you prefer to have classes with your friends or other people there is no problem We also offer classes for two or more students.
More information about our Spanish Courses.